What has happened to the bulk picture uploader? | Page 3 | Diecast CraZy - Discussion Forums for True Collectors

What has happened to the bulk picture uploader?

Discussion in 'Support and Suggestions' started by canuck617, Oct 1, 2017.

1. canuck617

canuck617 Team Caliber. "Anything less is just a Toy"

Feedback Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Start a Conversation
    Create SaleCreate Trade
    Classified Listings
    Sale Agreements

Name:
    Simon
    eBay ID:
    Edsel Ford II calls the No. 21 Wood Brothers car Ford’s “company car.’’
    Fav. Driver:
    Ford Racing Drivers
    I see the bulk picture uploader is not working again..

One picture at a time is just tedious, guess all those show and tell hard to finds will just have to wait.

2. canuck617

Feedback Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Start a Conversation
    Create SaleCreate Trade
    Classified Listings
    Sale Agreements

Name:
    Simon
    eBay ID:
    Fav. Driver:
    Ford Racing Drivers
    AdminVSAdminVS

Well I have gone thru all the usual "fixes" on my end to get the bulk uploader to work.

Is there a back ground and or update that would have stopped this feature from working?

The Flash plugin is blocked on some sites by default | Firefox Help

The Flash plugin is blocked on some sites by default

The Flash plugin can cause security, speed and stability problems on some sites. In order to give you a safe, fast and stable browsing experience, Firefox automatically blocks Flash on some websites that potentially cause problems.
    What kind of websites are on Firefox's blocklist?

Firefox blocks Flash on the following sites:
    • Websites that are embedded in other websites.
    • Sites that use plugins unnecessarily. If a popular website does not need Flash to work properly, Flash will be automatically blocked in order to give you a faster and better browsing experience.
    For more information about domain blocking, see Blocking by Domain on Mozilla Developer Network.
    Enabling Flash

Some websites require Flash in order to display properly. Here's how to enable Flash.
    This is not recommended as it may cause security and stability issues.
    1. Click the menu button [​IMG] , click [​IMG] Add-ons and select Plugins.
    2. Click the ellipsis (3-dot) icon next to the Flash entry and select Options from the drop-down menu.
    3. Remove the checkmark next to Block dangerous and intrusive Flash content.

Blocking By Domain

Plugins such as Flash are a performance and security problem for Firefox users. However, some legacy Flash content hasn't yet been ported to HTML and is valuable to users. Rather than block plugins entirely, Firefox is limiting the impact of plugins by blocking certain domains from using plugins. These blocks improve Firefox security and performance and also make the click-to-activate feature more valuable to users by reducing unnecessary prompts.
    According to the Firefox plugin roadmap, the plugin block list is planned for Firefox 55.
    Effects of Plugin Blocking

Once a site is included in plugin blocking, it is not possible for that site or any subframes within that site to use plugins. Any attempt to use a plugin (via the <object> or <embed> element) will behave as if the plugin was not installed, and use fallback content as specified by the HTML standard. Plugin detection mechanisms such as navigator.mimeTypes and navigator.plugins will also behave as if the plugin were not installed.
    There are two versions of plugin blocking:
    First-party Plugin Blocking List
    Sites on this list may not use plugins.
    Third-party Plugin Block List
    Sites on this list may not use plugins when they are loaded into a third-party iframe in another site.
    Criteria

In order to improve Firefox security and performance, there are two major categories of sites Mozilla may choose to add to plugin domain blocking:
    Sites commonly embedded in a 3rd-party context
    Web sites which are commonly embedded into other sites using iframes can have a large impact on browser security and also cause many sites to show plugin activation prompts. Sites in this category may include advertisers, social media sites, and other utilities.
    Top sites
    Many popular sites work properly without plugins, but still prompt users for activation. In order to improve site performance and reduce the number of plugin prompts that users see, popular sites that show unnecessary plugin prompts or slow the browser down with unnecessary plugins will be added to the plugin block list.
    List Contents and Updates

The plugin block lists are freely-licensed lists maintained by Mozilla in github. The initial contents of the third-party plugin block list are based on Disconnect's open source blocklist. Subsequent updates to the list will be made using telemetry from Firefox experiments. In general, sites will not be removed from the list unless there is an error that renders a site in a seriously defective manner.
    Any concerns or questions about the plugin block lists should be directed to [email protected].

MOPARBOB likes this.
  3. canuck617

Feedback Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Start a Conversation
    Create SaleCreate Trade
    Classified Listings
    Sale Agreements

Name:
    Simon
    eBay ID:
    Fav. Driver:
    Ford Racing Drivers
    ..forget it, got it figured out, keep forgetting to "allow Flash Player to run on this site" after an update on the flash player..:bag: :eggonface: :oops: :wacky:

test

2012 classic #5 orrcon steel falcon (1).JPG 2012 classic #5 orrcon steel falcon (2).JPG 2012 classic #5 orrcon steel falcon (3).JPG 2012 classic #5 orrcon steel falcon (4).JPG 2012 classic #5 orrcon steel falcon (5).JPG 2012 classic #5 orrcon steel falcon (6).JPG 2012 classic #5 orrcon steel falcon (7).JPG 2012 classic #5 orrcon steel falcon (8).JPG

2012 classic #5 orrcon steel falcon (9).JPG 2012 classic #5 orrcon steel falcon (10).JPG 2012 classic #5 orrcon steel falcon (11).JPG 2012 classic #5 orrcon steel falcon (12).JPG 2012 classic #5 orrcon steel falcon (13).JPG 2012 classic #5 orrcon steel falcon (14).JPG 2012 classic #5 orrcon steel falcon (15).JPG 2012 classic #5 orrcon steel falcon (16).JPG

MOPARBOB likes this.
  4. canuck617

Feedback Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Start a Conversation
    Create SaleCreate Trade
    Classified Listings
    Sale Agreements

Name:
    Simon
    eBay ID:
    Fav. Driver:
    Ford Racing Drivers
    AdminVSAdminVS

No more flash player, so the bulk up-loader is dead.

This is all about showing off what we got for new die-cast. One picture at a time is tedious.

Nothing that can be done with html5..?

5. MOPARBOB

MOPARBOB MoPaROrNoCaR CraZy Admin

Feedback Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Start a Conversation
    Create SaleCreate Trade
    Classified Listings
    Sale Agreements

Name:
    MOPARBOB
    eBay ID:
    cuda360ci
    Fav. Driver:
    Richard Petty and the DODGE Boys
    AdminVSAdminVS was on the site today and offered no solutions. Sorry.

6. Mike KB-41

Mike KB-41 KB-972

Feedback Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Start a Conversation
    Create SaleCreate Trade
    Classified Listings
    Sale Agreements

Name:
    Mike
    Fav. Driver:
    Kurt Busch!!!
    Sad sad sad.. This company doesn't give a crap about our passion...Lthumbsdown:

canuck617, stp43, Logano2022 and 2 others like this.
  7. canuck617

Feedback Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Start a Conversation
    Create SaleCreate Trade
    Classified Listings
    Sale Agreements

Name:
    Simon
    eBay ID:
    Fav. Driver:
    Ford Racing Drivers
    Well that's a big bummer. They need to do something, I can't even see pictures that others have posted..:grumpy:

..but it's like that for the whole internet, I can't watch videos on news sites, but for you tube, it seems like they spent the bucks to be sure to be ready after the the death of flash.:dead:

Absolutely right :sour:

..it's all about money, and how little they can spend while leaching as much money as they can. They need to make an effort, get an engineer on it and figure it out, I mean they had years of notice, they shouldn't have pissed it all away. I wonder if the other sites they run are having the same issues..?o_O:rolleyes:

MOPARBOB likes this.
  8. MOPARBOB

Feedback Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Start a Conversation
    Create SaleCreate Trade
    Classified Listings
    Sale Agreements

Name:
    MOPARBOB
    eBay ID:
    cuda360ci
    Fav. Driver:
    We were promised a forum upgrade early last year. Again, nothing has been done. The current software is from 2016. Our gallery software is from 2015 when I bought it for you guys to use. Since the previous owner of the site sold it, there is nobody but Vertical Scope and AdminVSAdminVS to address these issues and prospective upgrades. John and I do not have those abilities. Again, sorry.

canuck617 likes this.
  9. canuck617

Feedback Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Start a Conversation
    Create SaleCreate Trade
    Classified Listings
    Sale Agreements

Name:
    Simon
    eBay ID:
    Fav. Driver:
    Ford Racing Drivers

Yes, I remember, kudos for that! I could load 40 pics in seconds, it was awesome! Pages would load so quickly it was great.

It's sad they won't make an effort to do anything now. I get that they will have to pay for upgrades, but it they did it over time, it wouldn't be such a big bill now to fix it.

Question, how much and how hard would it be for us to buy it back and run it ourselves..?

MOPARBOB likes this.
  10. MOPARBOB

Feedback Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Start a Conversation
    Create SaleCreate Trade
    Classified Listings
    Sale Agreements

Name:
    MOPARBOB
    eBay ID:
    cuda360ci
    Fav. Driver:
    In the tens of thousands of dollars or higher. We do not have those kinds of resources either individually or member-wise...

stp43 likes this.
  11. canuck617

Feedback Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Start a Conversation
    Create SaleCreate Trade
    Classified Listings
    Sale Agreements

Name:
    Simon
    eBay ID:
    Fav. Driver:
    Ford Racing Drivers
    Yeah, that is what I thought, but had to ask..

12. MOPARBOB

Feedback Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Start a Conversation
    Create SaleCreate Trade
    Classified Listings
    Sale Agreements

Name:
    MOPARBOB
    eBay ID:
    cuda360ci
    Fav. Driver:
    One final thought on this for now. I did just receive a reply from Vertical Scope on a few issues. I can't divulge the details, but they said things are getting worked on. So it's a waiting game for now. That's the best I can offer at this point.

Texas3, canuck617 and stp43 like this.
  13. stp43

stp43 CraZy Legend

Feedback Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Start a Conversation
    Create SaleCreate Trade
    Classified Listings
    Sale Agreements

Name:
    Don Anselmo
    eBay ID:
    dk969
    Fav. Driver:
    Richard Petty
    If the win the powerball lottery, I would invest the money.

MOPARBOB and canuck617 like this.
  14. canuck617

Feedback Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Start a Conversation
    Create SaleCreate Trade
    Classified Listings
    Sale Agreements

Name:
    Simon
    eBay ID:
    Fav. Driver:
    Ford Racing Drivers
    Cool beans. Good to know that they are at least looking at it. Thanks for the heads-up!!:thumbsup1:

MOPARBOB and stp43 like this.
  15. canuck617

Feedback Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Start a Conversation
    Create SaleCreate Trade
    Classified Listings
    Sale Agreements

Name:
    Simon
    eBay ID:
    Fav. Driver:
    Ford Racing Drivers
    Not sure if anyone else is having issues. But pages are taking forever to load, and sometimes not loading at all and doing nothing.

Pictures are next to impossible to load and if they do load, clicking on the thumbnail will not open in a larger picture at all.

This is with mozilla and 2 others that I forget the name right now. I am working with them to see if it is a system issue, but even if it's my W7 or W10, neither works.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021 at 2:19 PM
  16. canuck617

Feedback Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Start a Conversation
    Create SaleCreate Trade
    Classified Listings
    Sale Agreements

Name:
    Simon
    eBay ID:
    Fav. Driver:
    Ford Racing Drivers
    Not sure if anyone was having issues playing website video content after the death of flash, but for me I could not get anything to play, I mean nothing, on any website other than you tube.

This is only for W10.

I am using mozilla as my search engine/program/what ever it is called I don't know. I was asking in their customer complaint support page to get "help" (I use that term loosely as they were not much help at all) with the issues I was having.

One person suggested it was a windows media player mp4 permission that I was having.. (it wasn't as I don't use WMP), but I did recall having a "no permission", (in my test site) to use the mp4 video files on their site.

Going back to before the above suggestion, I did checked the "Web Developer" / "Web Console" for the test site, it showed that there wasn't a permission to use mp4 files. While this lead me to what the issue is/was, you don't need to go and check that, so I will not show a tutorial on how I got to that.

That being said, I did find what I needed, so it would seem at least on the test site I am using, to play on-line media. I will have to check other sites as I go along.

On this page:

Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 N (May 2020)

Scroll down and you will see this:
    upload_2021-1-22_7-22-3.png

There is another link to something called:

"Web Media Extensions"

Which takes you to here:

Get Web Media Extensions - Microsoft Store

You will see this:
    upload_2021-1-22_7-24-32.png

Once you have it installed a pop up window will appear saying that you have "installed the product", you can close it or leave it.

At this point open a new tab, go to a site of your choice, that you were not able to play their media content.

Once there if you see the pad lock symbol picture that is on the left hand side of the the search box, click on it and in "allow permission" use the drop down menu to "Allow Audio and Video".

Test by clicking on a video file that is on the particular web-page. That should work as it did for me. Depending on the speed that it loads.

Now not all sites will show the above, but you can get to more detailed information if you click again on the pad lock symbol, where it says in a colour (mine shows as green) "Connection Secure", click on the arrow head (the less than) symbol to the right of it. Once there it will give you a drop down window of security information for the particular site you are on.

At the bottom of that, there is a bar that says "More Information". Click on that and in a pop up window it will give you a selection of 4 tabs "General", "Media", "Permissions" and "Security".

Click on the "Permission" tab and it will give a list of "Use Default" permissions. Under "Auto play" it will show that you have selected "Allow Video and Audio", as that could be what you had done previously.

But if you were not able to, at this point click "Use Default" box under "Autoplay" and click on the circle "Allow Video and Audio".

All else I have left as is, at this point.

In my tests, this will have to be done on all sites that you are trying to watch videos with.

As for the issue of not being able to see pictures, I am going to try the "HEIF Image Extensions" , that is on the page of the first link that is provided. My guess is that it would be the same kind of process as mentioned/done above. (at this writing I have installed it, but have not gone into tests to see if it changed anything)

AdminVSAdminVS

As for pictures, it's hit an miss. On pics that are loaded as thumbnails I click on a picture and it takes me to this picture player/ viewer, where in the past I could scroll through pics using the back and forth arrows, but I cannot get past this point.

Is this a 'flash player' issue..?

Or is this a "allow pop-ups" issue..? after I took this screen shot, I have allowed pop's, will go back and have a look and see if it changed anything.

upload_2021-1-22_7-17-29.png

Pictures inserted as full image will not load at all, I just get to about a quarter of it, as it writes the pictures down from top to bottom, then it just dies.

17. canuck617

Feedback Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Start a Conversation
    Create SaleCreate Trade
    Classified Listings
    Sale Agreements

Name:
    Simon
    eBay ID:
    Fav. Driver:
    Ford Racing Drivers
    AdminVSAdminVS

Just an FYI, I have just spent the last 2 hours loading 10 pictures, only to get booted off because of a "security issue".

I know that I have been harping about this, and in conversation with Bob you have mentioned to him that "things are getting worked on", and that is really great..

..but just a reminder, this place is more a visual site than anything else, where we come to show off collections.

Sooner would be better to have things worked out.

Regards.

Texas3 and MOPARBOB like this.