What A Great Day | Diecast CraZy - Discussion Forums for True Collectors

What A Great Day

Discussion in 'Collector Chat' started by Bandit33, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Bandit33

Bandit33 CraZy LuDiCrOuS

Feedback Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Start a Conversation
    Create SaleCreate Trade
    Classified Listings
    Sale Agreements

Name:
    Mario Pancino
    eBay ID:
    skoal33fan
    Fav. Driver:
    Robby Gordon, Harry Gant, Kyle Larson
    ***WARNING***LONG POST***

Well, today was my session with Mo Pinel (co-founder of Radical Bowling). This was the first real coaching session I have had in 36+ years of bowling and it was well worth the time and money ($20).

Mo made a huge change to my stance on the approach and after throwing a few shots with my two Radical Balls, he took one (the Ludicrous Solid) to check my Positive Axis Point (PAP), tilt angle and fit.

Holy cow was my fit bad. The pitches (angle that the holes are drilled) for my thumb and fingers were WAY off what they should be. All three are what they call forward pitched (meaning the bottom of the thumb hole points to the finger holes and vise versa). The pitches should be what they call reverse pitch (meaning the bottom of the thumb hole goes away from the finger holes and vise versa). To put it in automotive terms, my camber was off. This caused my span to be wrong as well. Since I had league tonight, I couldn't get the balls plugged and re-drilled today. Plus. Mo wouldn't do that without drilling a new ball with the correct pitches and span.

I wasn't planning on buying a ball today, but to just get recommendations. After seeing how far off my pitches were, he asked if I would be interested in buying a ball and having it drilled right then and there. So, after thinking about it a few minutes, I pulled the trigger and bought an Intel Solid ($170) at Mo's recommendation and had it drilled to his specifications for my hand. Talk about night and day. The ball came off my hand so much smoother than my other two Radical balls (I always felt like there was a hang up at times when I would release the ball, and now I know I was right). My tilt angle went from 13 degrees to 23 degrees (but Mo made a recommendation to the pro shop operator to get that tilt angle down). I know where I am getting my Ludicrous Solid and Squatch Hybrid plugged and re-drilled. The PSO at the house I went to was trained by Mo and helps Mo run his PSO workshops.

I spent about 2 hours working on my stance and release (mostly while the Intel was being drilled). It is a completely new feel that is going to take a little (ok, a lot) getting used to. After throwing I don't know how many shots, I was getting tired and starting to hurt a little. The good news is, Mo was impressed with how I throw the ball and how soft my ball hits the lane.

Fast forward to league at my house (Gilmore Lanes) tonight. In practice I used the stance Mo showed me and made sure I stayed down at the foul line. I tried my Ludicrous Solid for a couple shots, threw the Squatch Hybrid once and broke out the Intel Solid and got one shot in practice. I liked the feel of the Intel over the other two.

First game was a bit of a struggle (shot 171) as my analytical mind kicked in and was trying to remember what my arm swing felt like earlier in the afternoon. Needless to say, I was over thinking it as soon as my feet started moving and my arm swing was not smooth at all.

In the second game after one great shot and one not so great shot, one of my teammates talked to me about it and I mentioned what I did today and that I need to clear my mind when my feet start moving. So, that is just what I did. I cleared my mind and holy cow, did my bowling IMPROVE. I finished game 2 with 9 strikes in a row for a 252.

I kept it up in the third game, and despite opening in the 1st frame when I missed a 10 pin, I threw 6 strikes in a row, 9 spare (4 pin), double 9 spare (10 pin) to finish with a 247 for a 670 series. After last weeks rough 556 series, I needed this. Since my league is off next week for Thanksgiving, I will be going to practice at least once during the week. I also got Mo to sign my NASCAR bowling pin, so now I have two bowling autographs to go with the 4 NASCAR driver autographs.

2. Mike KB-41

Mike KB-41 KB-972

Feedback Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Start a Conversation
    Create SaleCreate Trade
    Classified Listings
    Sale Agreements

Name:
    Mike
    Fav. Driver:
    Kurt Busch!!!
    Wow that's awesome. What an improvement & great lesson taught... Well done & keep knocking them down..

Bandit33 likes this.
  3. MOPARBOB

MOPARBOB MoPaROrNoCaR CraZy Admin

Feedback Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Start a Conversation
    Create SaleCreate Trade
    Classified Listings
    Sale Agreements

Name:
    MOPARBOB
    eBay ID:
    cuda360ci
    Fav. Driver:
    Richard Petty and the DODGE Boys
    Cool beans, Mario!

Bandit33 likes this.
  4. T-Bone

T-Bone CraZy Legend

Feedback Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Start a Conversation
    Create SaleCreate Trade
    Classified Listings
    Sale Agreements

Name:
    Terry
    Fav. Driver:
    Kyle Busch, Kurt Busch, Chase Elliott
    5E687905-251C-4DC4-8A95-BA4D238ADE4B.jpeg AE513D83-1134-4FDA-BDEC-B3413EC71C0B.jpeg Thumbs up!!!!:twothumbsup:

Bandit33 likes this.
  5. Texas3

Texas3 just old school

0   0   0
    Start a Conversation
    Create SaleCreate Trade
    Classified Listings
    Sale Agreements

Name:
    Chris
    Fav. Driver:
    Lynyrd Skynyrd, Tom Petty, Eddie Money Winston Cup
    Bravo on your success

Bandit33 likes this.
  6. Dale3DaleJr88

Dale3DaleJr88 AKA Leadfoot CraZy Admin

Feedback Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    Start a Conversation
    Create SaleCreate Trade
    Classified Listings
    Sale Agreements

Name:
    John
    Fav. Driver:
    Dale Earnhardt,Dale Jr and Kevin Harvick
    That's awesome. Congratulation!! Keep it up.

Bandit33 likes this.
  7. rh1no

rh1no Mark Martin CraZy

Feedback Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Start a Conversation
    Create SaleCreate Trade
    Classified Listings
    Sale Agreements

Name:
    Mike McCall
    Fav. Driver:
    Mark Martin
    Sounds encouraging. I may just have to get up there some time and witness all of this. It would be cool to witness your next 300.

Bandit33 likes this.
  8. Bandit33

Bandit33 CraZy LuDiCrOuS

Feedback Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Start a Conversation
    Create SaleCreate Trade
    Classified Listings
    Sale Agreements

Name:
    Mario Pancino
    eBay ID:
    skoal33fan
    Fav. Driver:
    You are welcome to come watch anytime. I am still in search of my first 300 (been close on many occasions). Maybe you witness the first? I bowl at Gilmore Lanes in Fairfield on Thursday nights. I will be bowling a tournament at 2pm Sunday (11/22) and on Saturday (11/28...time TBD).

If/when I get that first 300, I hope someone records the last frame for me and if they do, I will post it.

Loose Lugnut likes this.
  9. Texas3

Texas3 just old school

0   0   0
    Start a Conversation
    Create SaleCreate Trade
    Classified Listings
    Sale Agreements

Name:
    Chris
    Fav. Driver:
    Lynyrd Skynyrd, Tom Petty, Eddie Money Winston Cup
    Good luck in your tourney

Bandit33 likes this.
  10. Bandit33

Bandit33 CraZy LuDiCrOuS

Feedback Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Start a Conversation
    Create SaleCreate Trade
    Classified Listings
    Sale Agreements

Name:
    Mario Pancino
    eBay ID:
    skoal33fan
    Fav. Driver:
    Thank you Chris. A few bad breaks hurt me in the first 2 games, but ended strong. Still working the kinks out of the new stance/approach. Shot 192, 192, 246 for a 630 series. I will take it.