Kyle Larson says a racial slur in public chat by mistake during iRacing race (NSFW) | Page 3 | Diecast CraZy - Discussion Forums for True Collectors

Kyle Larson says a racial slur in public chat by mistake during iRacing race (NSFW)

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by Logano2022, Apr 12, 2020.

1. iatse201

iatse201 CraZy Legend

Name:
    donny
    eBay ID:
    iatse201
    Fav. Driver:
    SMOKE kyle larson eric jones
    He will go to SHR

FFighter_21 likes this.
  2. canuck617

canuck617 Team Caliber. "Anything less is just a Toy"

Name:
    Simon
    eBay ID:
    Edsel Ford II calls the No. 21 Wood Brothers car Ford’s “company car.’’
    Fav. Driver:
    Ford Racing Drivers
    Well that is the real issues isn't it. Just because one has the legal right to use the certain word, doesn't make it morally right or correct to do so, especially given it's historic connotations, in regards to it's use.

Just because 'they' use it all the time, doesn't make it an excuse for other cultures to be able to use that derogatory word in any way shape or form, but that is just my opinion.

He is pure radioactive toxic waste, there is no way Ford will go any where near him, especially given Ford's family history with the Jewish community.

His racing career is done and dusted.

ThePiedPiper and go3dalejr88 like this.
  3. kWobubba

kWobubba CraZy Senior

Name:
    Ben Clark
    The best thing he can do for himself is get out of the spotlight, go back to some dirt racing, and lay low for a year or two. Then maybe he can rehab his career enough to get another chance. I don’t know what’s in his heart. I hope he isn’t a racist, and I don’t think he is. If he’s driving NASCAR next year, I doubt it’ll be for one of the premier teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. iatse201

iatse201 CraZy Legend

Name:
    donny
    eBay ID:
    iatse201
    Fav. Driver:
    SMOKE kyle larson eric jones

And remember that is your opinion he will make it right and he will race again

canuck617 likes this.
  5. Oldtimer

Oldtimer CraZy Senior

Name:
    Jim
    eBay ID:
    ibj40
    Fav. Driver:
    Tony Stewart
    I'm just curious if he used that term, regularly, in private conversations with the person he thought he was having a private conversation with during the virtual race?

That word doesn't simply roll off the tongue in even the most casual conversations these days, but it had to be planted somewhere in his vocabulary somehow.

6. ThePiedPiper

ThePiedPiper Classic DieCast Collecting

Name:
    DJ Craze
    Fav. Driver:
    ReganSmith,MTJ,Crafton, JJ48,Kenseth,Dixon,C.Herta
    Not looking to get into an argument with anyone but I really don't get the "free speech" argument. Sure you can say whatever you want. Right now I could claim to possess a certain illness and cough near someone. Its perfectly within my right but does that mean I should do it? Would you yell fire in a movie theater? Would Kyle go into certain neighborhoods and say that word? Again you have every right to do so. No one is stopping you. But there are repercussions that come with the action. Especially for a high profile professional athlete.

Also the argument of "them" being able to say it holds no merit here. Even if thats your opinion does that mean its a good idea to go around saying that? Again for a guy who represents fortune 500 companies that is some horrible judgement.

I get his fans will support him but he really makes ALL of us look bad. Right now there are people thinking there goes NASCAR being NASCAR again. Now imagine the companies and fans that might think twice about getting into the sport because of Larson's behavior. We already have a hard enough time getting sponsors and fans interested in NASCAR. Its not 2003 when they were lining up to get in.

I miss the guys like Jeff Gordon, Carl Edwards, Matt Kenseth and Dale Jr at times like this. They weren't perfect but like them or not they knew better than to be this stupid.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
    go3dalejr88 and canuck617 like this.
  7. Jay

Jay Evil Henchman

Name:
    Jay
    Fav. Driver:
    Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Kevin Harvick
    Freedom of speech is an individual right, but it does not extend to the workplace and/or organizations to which one may belong. Sure, any words you choose can come out of your mouth, but your employer or the organization you are a member of can decide whether or not those words represent their entity in a positive manner. If they don't, they cut you loose. It's that simple, and it doesn't at all infringe on your First Amendment rights. The Bill of Rights is your protection from the government, not private corporations, organizations, etc. Many a federal court has said so.

As far as Larson goes, I don't see anyone touching him for a while unless they want to fund his car out of their own pockets. That word is toxic, and no corporation is going to want themselves tied to it.

8. canuck617

Name:
    Simon
    eBay ID:
    Fav. Driver:
    Ford Racing Drivers
    Well if a football player that killed dogs for sport, money and enjoyment, who then spent time in jail can come back and play football again..

..then maybe he can come back to racing.

It must be great to have a celebrity card to play, because for some reason society treats them differently to all others, or so it would seem.

iatse201 likes this.
  9. lebel1886

lebel1886 lebel1886

Name:
    Dave
    Not related, nice pic, I really miss Grand Am!

ThePiedPiper likes this.
  10. ThePiedPiper

Name:
    DJ Craze
    Fav. Driver:
    Thanks! I loved Grand-Am. There's a fair amount of races on YouTube. Good stuff to watch while being locked in.

11. canuck617

Name:
    Simon
    eBay ID:
    Fav. Driver:
    Ford Racing Drivers
    Agreed! been watching them on that platform since the death of Speed Channel.

Have you every watched the Continental Series? (not sure it is called that now) There is some great racing there.

ThePiedPiper likes this.
  12. ThePiedPiper

Name:
    DJ Craze
    Fav. Driver:
    Yes. That series was awesome! Loved seeing thr amount of manufacturer involvement. They had the likes of Kia and Hyundai years ago along with the big names. It was a great series.

canuck617 likes this.
  13. canuck617

Name:
    Simon
    eBay ID:
    Fav. Driver:
    Ford Racing Drivers
    Agreed!

ThePiedPiper likes this.
  14. lebel1886

lebel1886 lebel1886

Name:
    Dave
    Continental was awesome too, I like a lot of different racing, road course, oval, paved, dirt. I've been lucky enough to see racing in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, France, the UK & Japan. I saw V8 Supercars in Texas.

ThePiedPiper likes this.
  15. lebel1886

lebel1886 lebel1886

Name:
    Dave
    You're welcome, the old Grand Am races are good to watch, loved that series!

ThePiedPiper likes this.
  16. FFighter_21

FFighter_21 #1 "BLANIAC"

Name:
    Ken King
    Fav. Driver:
    Dave,Ryan & Dale Blaney,Tyler Reddick, Cale Conley
    Well done. I expect NASCAR etal will make an example of Kyle, and IMO that is totally uncalled for. He will be back in some shape of form and I for one stand in support of him.

17. FFighter_21

FFighter_21 #1 "BLANIAC"

Name:
    Ken King
    Fav. Driver:
    Dave,Ryan & Dale Blaney,Tyler Reddick, Cale Conley
    Very well said Sir. The key is education, and also forgiveness. You could tell by the way it used there was no malice or racial intent meant. It was an act of ignorance, not knowing at all how seriously the African American community despise that word. Hopefully he accrues knowledge in his sensitivity training and we can all move on.

Bandit33 likes this.