Beckett Plate First Choice Diecast | Diecast CraZy - Discussion Forums for True Collectors

Beckett Plate First Choice Diecast

Discussion in 'Team Caliber' started by kspool, Sep 30, 2020.

1. kspool

kspool Legendary Member

Name:
    Karl
    eBay ID:
    kdspool
    Fav. Driver:
    Tony Labonte, Jeff Gordan, Ryan Biffle, etc.
    MOPARBOB likes this.
  2. kspool

kspool Legendary Member

Name:
    Karl
    eBay ID:
    kdspool
    Fav. Driver:
    Anyone??

MOPARBOB likes this.
  3. MOPARBOB

MOPARBOB MoPaROrNoCaR CraZy Admin

Name:
    MOPARBOB
    eBay ID:
    cuda360ci
    Fav. Driver:
    Richard Petty and the DODGE Boys
  4. MOPARBOB

MOPARBOB MoPaROrNoCaR CraZy Admin

Name:
    MOPARBOB
    eBay ID:
    cuda360ci
    Fav. Driver:
    Richard Petty and the DODGE Boys
    From Simon:

Yeah I saw those beckett tagged pieces, I have never seen those before. I don't have any information on them at all. Maybe a program that never went anywhere?
    I tried to get one, but since the seller only shipped thru the global program I didn't win any of them, too much in extra fees for my wallet.
    My best guess, is it is a program that never made it to production, or it failed as a deal thru beckett. Maybe beckett wanted these first choice pieces to sell themselves (like those QVC only color chrome finishes) so they ordered them and the deal went south, so they released them as a straight Team Caliber versions.
    This might be the reason why I have never seen a #21 Wonder Woman in the first choice series, maybe they caught it and got it cancelled before the factory made them?
    I cannot recall if I bought these thru Team Caliber website or not, it's been so long now. I think that I did as I do recall paying for MSRP on them when they first came out. I would have to do some digging to see if I have any receipts, as I kept them if I did buy the from TC site.
    I do have a vague memory of a listing on e-bay for some art work on the cars for this program. I think the art work, or the auction had some information on the variants they were release as..?
    The seller found them in an airport waiting lounge, took them and tried, or did, sell them on e-bay. I did have some screen shots of the auction(s), but have since long lost them in a hard drive failure. I might have posted something about it on DCZ way back when.
    I wish I could be more help, but it's a mystery to me as well.
    Simon.

MOPARBOB here... Anyway Karl, kspoolkspool you're guess is as good as mine. LOL!

kspool likes this.
  5. kspool

kspool Legendary Member

Name:
    Karl
    eBay ID:
    kdspool
    Fav. Driver:
    Thanks Bob. I didn't dabble much in TC back in the day. I bought the 4 Justice League samples because I did buy those when they were released and I don't remember then in the "First Choice" series; only the Owners and Preferred. They are some nice cars for sure and I do see a few of the FC's on eBay. The cards list them with a production number of 250 each but I have never seen them before. The Rudd car is a nice pick up for me specifically because he is a local (from Chesapeake, Va.) and the Burton (Edwards) is also a nice one to have, especially if they were DNP's on that mold.

MOPARBOB likes this.