Diecast Crazy Forums banner

Acme Trading's 1:18 Allan Moffat #9 1969 Boss 302 Coca Cola Trans Am Mustang

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  canuck617 
#1 ·
See less See more
#2 ·
Ain't trying to burst your bubble, but I thought Moffat was Australian, and he never competed in the true Trans Am series. The model (in spite of it's multiple inaccuracies) is of a Boss 302 built to Trans Am specs, but raced across the pond (making the Weber carburetor set-up accurate - a modeling feature carried over by Welly into their domestic Trans Am models which was clearly wrong).

#3 · (Edited)
Ain't trying to burst your bubble, but I thought Moffat was Australian, and he never competed in the true Trans Am series. The model (in spite of it's multiple inaccuracies) is of a Boss 302 built to Trans Am specs, but raced across the pond (making the Weber carburetor set-up accurate - a modeling feature carried over by Welly into their domestic Trans Am models which was clearly wrong).
No worries. It is never personal for me..

..he was born in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada, his dad was transferred to Australia for his work, he moved with his family when he was 16-17. He married a local girl and stayed, his boy now races in the Supercar series..

Moffat did also compete in the 1966-1968ish North American TA series as well, driving Mustangs for Shelby and in Cougars for Bud Moore.

His Coca Cola mustang, as well as 6-7 others?, was built by Kar Kraft and tuned by Bud Moore Engineering. He ran Mustangs 1969 until end of 1972 winning 101 races, out of 151 starts in improved production, with them.

..yeah I don't know about the webers and yes the car is not accurate, but really neither is any diecast of a North American stock car, they all have their inaccuracies in one way or another, that is what we each individually choose, if we collect said piece or not..

..that being said, the trans am spec car was used because it fit the rules, at that time, for the CAMS sanctioned ATCC. There were many other cars shipped to Australia, Dodge and Chev included, that were also raced by him and many other teams as well..

..here are some good reads..

Allan Moffat - Wikipedia

Allan Moffat Racing - Wikipedia

..great listen..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.