2020 Wave #6 Posted | Diecast CraZy - Discussion Forums for True Collectors

2020 Wave #6 Posted

Discussion in 'NASCAR Authentics' started by RahalEmployee, Oct 29, 2020.

1. RahalEmployee

RahalEmployee CraZy Senior

Feedback Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Start a Conversation
    Create SaleCreate Trade
    Classified Listings
    Sale Agreements

Name:
    Kenny
    Fav. Driver:
    Bobby Hamilton Sr. & Jr.
    Just saw on the Lionel site they have the next wave, wave 6, posted.

If I'm not mistaken, there's 2 they haven't released in the Action boxed 1/64 series. The #2 Alliance, and the #13 Geico (which I'm pretty sure was cancelled in ARC in all scales). Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'll be on the lookout for those 2 personally. The rest I'd rather get in the box for space savings.

Attached Files:

T-Bone likes this.
  2. daddys boy

daddys boy CraZy Member

0   0   0
    Start a Conversation
    Create SaleCreate Trade
    Classified Listings
    Sale Agreements

Name:
    lance hockenberry
    i think you right those 2 are the only ones that have not been released in the main line i boxes except for the color chrome Kyle Busch

3. RahalEmployee

Feedback Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Start a Conversation
    Create SaleCreate Trade
    Classified Listings
    Sale Agreements

Name:
    Kenny
    Fav. Driver:
    Bobby Hamilton Sr. & Jr.
    Now it's time to wait for a week and start the hunt at the 2 Targets and 1 Walmart in the area to see what I can come up with. Those are the only ones I worry about.

I do wish they would go to a smaller package, or box preferably. I mean, would anyone truly stop buying them if they lost the magnet or mini hood? The price, $4.59/$4.96 is still a bunch cheaper that the Action boxed cars, and the quality isn't much different. You could even make the box about the size of the collector card and stick it behind the car. I assume some of the reason for the long blister is for visual on the shelf, easy to find. I don't know. Just me thinking out loud. They could save on money for the cardboard. They wouldn't even have to design special colors/designs on the blister/box for my liking. Just more of a standard box like the 1/64 Action cars. Again, I don't know many who would care. We buy them for the cars...at least I do.

4. PatrickMcInerney11

PatrickMcInerney11 CraZy Member

0   0   0
    Start a Conversation
    Create SaleCreate Trade
    Classified Listings
    Sale Agreements

Name:
    Patrick McInerney
    eBay ID:
    patricmcinerne_2
    Fav. Driver:
    Denny Hamlin, Clint Bowyer, Ryan Blaney
    I haven't even seen wave 5 at local stores. The best of this wave is the haulers.

Texas3 likes this.
  5. silentbobdrummer

silentbobdrummer CraZy Senior

Feedback Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Start a Conversation
    Create SaleCreate Trade
    Classified Listings
    Sale Agreements

Name:
    Rob
    Fav. Driver:
    Dale Jr, Kevin Harvick, Bubba Wallace, Alex Bowman
    I haven't even seen anything past Wave 1. The pegs have been empty for months at the target and walmart near me.

6. RahalEmployee

Feedback Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Start a Conversation
    Create SaleCreate Trade
    Classified Listings
    Sale Agreements

Name:
    Kenny
    Fav. Driver:
    Bobby Hamilton Sr. & Jr.
    That sucks. I wish I were closer to the store in Concord. They get them in store the day they post them. I missed some of the past releases and wouldn't mind checking out their stock.

silentbobdrummer likes this.
  7. dotcomcollectorguy

dotcomcollectorguy CraZy Senior

Feedback Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Start a Conversation
    Create SaleCreate Trade
    Classified Listings
    Sale Agreements

Found Wave 6 at a Target this afternoon, but it was just the Bubba Wallace #BlackLivesMatter diecast and nothing else. I think that is the fastest/quickest time from Wave announcement/release to actually finding them in a store I have ever encountered, but I do find it odd that this particular diecast was the last one on the pegs, so I bought it.

8. RahalEmployee

Feedback Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Start a Conversation
    Create SaleCreate Trade
    Classified Listings
    Sale Agreements

Name:
    Kenny
    Fav. Driver:
    Bobby Hamilton Sr. & Jr.
    Yea, I saw another Targets remnants from this release and there were 2 of those left as well. Thought that one would have been a little more popular.

9. gordonfan24

gordonfan24 Comes with free straightjacket

0   0   0
    Start a Conversation
    Create SaleCreate Trade
    Classified Listings
    Sale Agreements

Name:
    Ryan
    Fav. Driver:
    Jeff Gordon, Chase Elliott
    Target by me had most of wave 5, and 4 of the wave 6 cars scattered on an end cap like someone rummaged through the box and left what they didn't want

10. kWobubba

kWobubba CraZy Senior

Feedback Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Start a Conversation
    Create SaleCreate Trade
    Classified Listings
    Sale Agreements

Name:
    Ben Clark
    I found a bunch of wave six at target yesterday. No Kyle Busch Chase pieces but got the Hailie Deegans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. T-Bone

T-Bone CraZy Legend

Feedback Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Start a Conversation
    Create SaleCreate Trade
    Classified Listings
    Sale Agreements

Name:
    Terry
    Fav. Driver:
    Kyle Busch, Kurt Busch, Chase Elliott
    115B26F3-2B09-4234-8AE4-1686D157216E.jpeg F901620D-9A9A-4AC0-8BD1-0984BE41E906.jpeg I would love to have the Kyle Busch!!! I never see a by of these at Target or Walmart. I am not buying any from FeeBay at $15 each Lthumbsdown:

12. PatrickMcInerney11

PatrickMcInerney11 CraZy Member

0   0   0
    Start a Conversation
    Create SaleCreate Trade
    Classified Listings
    Sale Agreements

Name:
    Patrick McInerney
    eBay ID:
    patricmcinerne_2
    Fav. Driver:
    Denny Hamlin, Clint Bowyer, Ryan Blaney
    The waves are so inconsistent where I am. Wave 2 & 3 sat on the shelf for 2 months. I only realized Wave 4 would arrive AFTER I bought the remaining Chase Roval wins, Kyle Larson cars, etc.. Wave 5 only arrived after I bought the remaining Kyle Busch Skittles Dips and Chase Elliot Mountain Dew. So I am one of those "annoying sellers on eBay with THE FEES!!" For me to break even on a car I have to sell it at $10.45 with free shipping. So for me to get the new waves, I've sold about 30 cars from the past waves at 10.50 and I've made 13 custom 1:64's just so the new waves will end up on the store shelves. Hence I know have all of Wave 5 but I recently just had to buy another set just so Wave 6 could show up. Which it did a few days after I bought the last of Wave 5. Then another Wave 6 showed up with the 2019 Daytona 500 preview wave! So I'm sure more Wave 1 through 5 will show up again soon.

13. Texas3

Texas3 just old school

0   0   0
    Start a Conversation
    Create SaleCreate Trade
    Classified Listings
    Sale Agreements

Name:
    Chris
    Fav. Driver:
    Lynyrd Skynyrd, Tom Petty, Eddie Money Winston Cup
    I was at a Hometown Wally in Hempstead texas,
    all new wave on pegs,
    picked up the #10 Smithfield, and the #8 Filter Time

14. CrumpledSheatMetal

CrumpledSheatMetal NASCARFan

0   0   0
    Start a Conversation
    Create SaleCreate Trade
    Classified Listings
    Sale Agreements

Name:
    Evan
    Fav. Driver:
    Jeff Gordon/Dale Jr./T. Stewart
    * Dale Jr's filter time Chevrolet is the first virtual race car ever produced that never raced on the track in real life, but does in the virtual world. This also technically puts Dale Jr. back in the Cup Series as a virtual competitor at least. It's also the first time since 2007 that Dale has a Cup car made that is numbered 8. In real life however, it is driven by Daniel Hemric and he drives for RCR. Also, Dale doesn't use his DEI font for his number, he uses the JR Motorsports font.
    * Brad Keselowski's Alliance car makes its return, but this time on a Mustang. Again, they can do this for Brad, but they can't make a standard Pennzoil Mustang. They did make a AAA Mustang for Logano though, but I am still looking for the Pennzoil Mustang.
    * Hailie Deegan's tires are completely devoid of any Goodyear lettering. Also, she doesn't have Monster Energy logos.
    * Kevin Harvick pops up again in a wave, the Mobil 1 car is a good one to get if you missed out on it the other two times it was available.
    * Chase Elliott's first truck diecast is the one he won the race after the "bounty" comments of beating Kyle Busch in the truck series. But Chase didn't win in this truck. Also Chase drives for GMS in the trucks, not Hendrick.
    * Bubba Wallace's car is the first of its kind as its promoting a message and a movement and not any products. For all he went through this year, its surprisingly the second car here that won't have its driver next year(Dale Jr. always iraces so he isn't out of his). Also Ty Dillon in the Geico Chevrolet also won't be with his team next year and the team is shutting down, which makes this the final GEICO Germain Racing car.