Customizing 101 | Diecast CraZy - Discussion Forums for True Collectors

Customizing 101

Welcome to the world of modeling and customizing. Here's your guide to get started from our most knowledgeable members! Go ahead, ask questions!

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. crazyray78

How to make a 1/24 custom start to finish

this is how i strip my cars that i use, i get an empty metal 1 gallon paint can. pour some stripper inside enough to fill the bottom of the can. then i put the car inside the can and close the...
    this is how i strip my cars that i use, i get an empty metal 1 gallon paint can. pour some stripper inside enough to fill the bottom of the can. then i put the car inside the can and close the lid. then in about like an couple of hours the car is bubbling up and the paint comes off. i may...
    this is how i strip my cars that i use, i get an empty metal 1 gallon paint can. pour some stripper inside enough to fill the bottom of the can. then i put the car inside the can and close the lid. then in about like an couple of hours the car...
    this is how i strip my cars that i use, i get an empty metal 1 gallon paint can. pour some stripper inside enough to fill the bottom of the can. then i put the car inside the can and close the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. minicup

1/64 Custom How to

Decals: Regarding decals, since we don't have a color printer, I have to go to Staples to get the templates printed. But I was actually considering getting it on a glossy paper and see if they can...
    Decals: Regarding decals, since we don't have a color printer, I have to go to Staples to get the templates printed. But I was actually considering getting it on a glossy paper and see if they can use shipping label paper to make it like a sticker. Thus, all I'll have to do is (very carefully)...
    Decals: Regarding decals, since we don't have a color printer, I have to go to Staples to get the templates printed. But I was actually considering getting it on a glossy paper and see if they can use shipping label paper to make it like a...
    Decals: Regarding decals, since we don't have a color printer, I have to go to Staples to get the templates printed. But I was actually considering getting it on a glossy paper and see if they can...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Ron3fan

Suppliers of 1/64 decals

here is a place i just used. they are decals for the new 1/64 challenger but i warn you they dont appear to fit well. no wheel well cut outs and the headlight grille and tail lights are way too...
    here is a place i just used. they are decals for the new 1/64 challenger but i warn you they dont appear to fit well. no wheel well cut outs and the headlight grille and tail lights are way too small. jury is out till i try them.
    here is a place i just used. they are decals for the new 1/64 challenger but i warn you they dont appear to fit well. no wheel well cut outs and the headlight grille and tail lights are way too small. jury is out till i try them.
    here is a place i just used. they are decals for the new 1/64 challenger but i warn you they dont appear to fit well. no wheel well cut outs and the headlight grille and tail lights are way too...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. 8timechamp

Use a sponge brush...not bristle for a smooth finish..there are various how to's on this or most any modeling sites
    Use a sponge brush...not bristle for a smooth finish..there are various how to's on this or most any modeling sites
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Nascar24

2019 1/24 side window removal tips?

Thank you very much for that tip, I appreciate it!
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. jim43fan

{$title} Custom Decals

Thanks! I'll check it out!
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. KC Kenseth Fan

Autograph removal

The AXE Body Spray does work. Took an auto right off to my surprise. I won't use it anymore for its intended purpose.
    The AXE Body Spray does work. Took an auto right off to my surprise. I won't use it anymore for its intended purpose.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. mgleba

2019 Custom Help

On my side I always use a drill with a little bit bigger mesh and I slowly drill the rivet down. It will pop by itself. You can try it next time it also work well ,
    On my side I always use a drill with a little bit bigger mesh and I slowly drill the rivet down. It will pop by itself. You can try it next time it also work well ,
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. iowariggsfan

help with a custom

I dont know if he gona have it but i always use Mike decal for my custom. In my opinion the quality is also better . You can also try there
    I dont know if he gona have it but i always use Mike decal for my custom. In my opinion the quality is also better . You can also try there
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Nascar24

Windshield removal/replacement options on a 2005 Elite...

Yeah, after I popped out the lower part of the windshield, I could see it was still securely connected at the top.....the metal strips have a hole in the top of them that is glued in over small...
    Yeah, after I popped out the lower part of the windshield, I could see it was still securely connected at the top.....the metal strips have a hole in the top of them that is glued in over small studs.....It's very difficult to get in there to get them loose & probably even harder to install a...
    Yeah, after I popped out the lower part of the windshield, I could see it was still securely connected at the top.....the metal strips have a hole in the top of them that is glued in over small studs.....It's very difficult to get in there to get...
    Yeah, after I popped out the lower part of the windshield, I could see it was still securely connected at the top.....the metal strips have a hole in the top of them that is glued in over small...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. BadDad5

What Happend to HOCustom?

Will do..Thanks brother!
    Will do..Thanks brother!
    Will do..Thanks brother!
    Will do..Thanks brother!
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. liftedtoyz

Decal help

Looking for a set of 1/24 scale Bill Elliott #9 Dahlonega Ford 1975/76.
    1976bill.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Jace

Danica Patrick Dan Wheldon Tribute Hood Decals

Does anyone know where I can get this decal setup on a hood, assuming I just paint the hood black?
    Does anyone know where I can get this decal setup on a hood, assuming I just paint the hood black?
    whedon hood.PNG
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. comm2679

Jeff Gordon Transformers and Farmville Wraps from Pattos

Here is his username....... blg1267 Just ask him and tell him I referred you. He has done several cars for me, and I love his work and it's ver reasonably priced.
    Here is his username....... blg1267 Just ask him and tell him I referred you. He has done several cars for me, and I love his work and it's ver reasonably priced.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. MarcosAmbrose

Looking for Katherine Legge JD Motorsports 1/24 decals

Pattos will probably have them in a week or two. He is pretty quick with the NASCAR decals...
    Pattos will probably have them in a week or two. He is pretty quick with the NASCAR decals...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. jim43fan

COT Splitter Removal

Nice, I may try that but I still will use the straight pins for my back-up fix :)
    Nice, I may try that but I still will use the straight pins for my back-up fix :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Oldtimer

Testing the Waters - 1/18 scale Nascar-type fuel dump cans

Final Version of both types. Going to begin production soon, watch for them on eBay, seller name: ibj40
    Final Version of both types. Going to begin production soon, watch for them on eBay, seller name: ibj40
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. liftedtoyz

1/24 xfinity toyota

Have a 2015 xfinity car wondering what years I could use it for. Thank you for the help
    Have a 2015 xfinity car wondering what years I could use it for. Thank you for the help
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Insane Galvatron

Taking apart early 90s Racing Champions 1/24?

I want to make some custom Days of Thunder cars, but the Action Lumina tool is just too expensive to buy 5 times over. I like the detail on the Revell cars. They are cheap, have opening hood, and...
    I want to make some custom Days of Thunder cars, but the Action Lumina tool is just too expensive to buy 5 times over. I like the detail on the Revell cars. They are cheap, have opening hood, and screws holding them together to make things easy. However, the Lumina's are a crap shoot ( see my...
    I want to make some custom Days of Thunder cars, but the Action Lumina tool is just too expensive to buy 5 times over. I like the detail on the Revell cars. They are cheap, have opening hood, and screws holding them together to make things easy....
    I want to make some custom Days of Thunder cars, but the Action Lumina tool is just too expensive to buy 5 times over. I like the detail on the Revell cars. They are cheap, have opening hood, and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Insane Galvatron

Bending diecast

I have seen people added polystyrene pieces to mold the new look along w/ bondo to form the new shape that is needed.
    I have seen people added polystyrene pieces to mold the new look along w/ bondo to form the new shape that is needed.
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. renagade44

see if there is any interest in these for customs

I'm interested in Lumina stock cars for customs, but I can't see your pics.
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. flashman

Body filler suggestions for diecast

Depending on what your needing it for if it's for just filling some scratches I would say try nitro stain sands good wet or dry. (Nitro stain)
    Depending on what your needing it for if it's for just filling some scratches I would say try nitro stain sands good wet or dry. (Nitro stain)
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. MOPARBOB

{$title} Can someone help a brother out?

Thank you!
    Thank you!
    Thank you!
    Thank you!
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

•