Diecast Crazy Forums banner

Well, they did it again.........

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  OutdoorDinsmore 
#1 ·
Lionel did it again. they made Ryan Blaney's Motor Craft color chrome car's color chrome part the white, hence it is the chrome color, and they left the red, standard red paint. The same way it was last year. I know several folks along w/myself were hoping they would change it up this year. They did when Trevor Bayne drove for the Woods Bros., the first year they did the car this way, then the next year they did the red in color chrome, and don't quote me, BUT I believe the sales were quite a bit better. Oh well, I should have expected as much.....

BRAND NEW, 1/24 ACTION COLORCHROME 2016, #21, MOTORCRAFT, RYAN BLANEY 1 OF 72

BRAND NEW, 1/24 ACTION COLORCHROME 2016, #21, MOTORCRAFT, RYAN BLANEY 1 OF 72

See less See more
#2 ·
Its like they have no idea about these. Ive seen sometimes where they say they have to check with the factory to decide what is going to be done. Shouldn't they be the ones telling the factory what to do as part of their purchase orders? Similar with some of these crappy Gold Series race versions where they didn't do any details on the tires because the factory didn't choose to do them.

#3 ·
Ken, I feel your pain. I think color chrome is sharp when the actually do colors. To me black and white color chrome sucks and should never be the color chrome color. Use the actual colors; red, blue, green, orange, even yellow is a litty iffy to me. Color chrome is my favorite non-standard finish, but I would never buy one that uses white and the only black one I have is the Earnhardt 1999 Last lap of the Century car. Just my opinion.

#4 ·
I knew they were going to use the white as the "drop out" color and didn't even bother this year. I sold mine from last year at a loss because I despised the way it looked,

#6 ·
I knew they were going to use the white as the "drop out" color and didn't even bother this year. I sold mine from last year at a loss because I despised the way it looked,[/QUOT
How'd you find out? I tried every avenue I could think of and got no responses, and the artwork was inconclusive. Guess it's a nonissue now anyways, especially since they are not making anymore of his cars in Elite this year.

#7 ·
I just knew.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.