IndyCar

IndyCar News and Views from our finest collector's and fans!

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Dale3DaleJr88

Indycar Race Thread Indianapolis, IN - Indianapolis 500

I really hope this is the last time we see Buddy Lazier in the 500.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Dale3DaleJr88

Hunter-Reay's Indy 500 bid goes up in smoke

By: Nick DeGroot Ryan Hunter-Reay's pursuit of a second Indy 500 victory ended on Lap 136 when his Honda engine expired. After dealing with several mechanical woes throughout the month of May,...
    By: Nick DeGroot Ryan Hunter-Reay's pursuit of a second Indy 500 victory ended on Lap 136 when his Honda engine expired. After dealing with several mechanical woes throughout the month of May, one of the major concerns entering this race was the reliability of the Honda...
    By: Nick DeGroot Ryan Hunter-Reay's pursuit of a second Indy 500 victory ended on Lap 136 when his Honda engine expired. After dealing with several mechanical woes throughout the month of May, one of the major concerns entering this race was...
    By: Nick DeGroot Ryan Hunter-Reay's pursuit of a second Indy 500 victory ended on Lap 136 when his Honda engine expired. After dealing with several mechanical woes throughout the month of May,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Dale3DaleJr88

Dixon escapes massive airborne crash that halts Indy 500

By: Nick DeGroot Scott Dixon walked away from a terrifying accident on Lap 53 of the Indianapolis 500. The incident started when Jay Howard got up out of the groove in Turn 1 and hit the...
    By: Nick DeGroot Scott Dixon walked away from a terrifying accident on Lap 53 of the Indianapolis 500. The incident started when Jay Howard got up out of the groove in Turn 1 and hit the outside wall. He then came down the track, directly in the path of Scott Dixon's machine. The pole-sitter...
    By: Nick DeGroot Scott Dixon walked away from a terrifying accident on Lap 53 of the Indianapolis 500. The incident started when Jay Howard got up out of the groove in Turn 1 and hit the outside wall. He then came down the track, directly in...
    By: Nick DeGroot Scott Dixon walked away from a terrifying accident on Lap 53 of the Indianapolis 500. The incident started when Jay Howard got up out of the groove in Turn 1 and hit the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Dale3DaleJr88

Indy 500: Sato wins after thrilling shootout with Castroneves

By: David Malsher Takuma Sato became the third Indy 500 winner for Andretti Autosport in four years after defeating Team Penske’s Helio Castroneves in a 12-lap shootout, while Fernando Alonso...
    By: David Malsher Takuma Sato became the third Indy 500 winner for Andretti Autosport in four years after defeating Team Penske’s Helio Castroneves in a 12-lap shootout, while Fernando Alonso retired from seventh place when his engine blew. The #26 Andretti Autosport car crossed the line...
    By: David Malsher Takuma Sato became the third Indy 500 winner for Andretti Autosport in four years after defeating Team Penske’s Helio Castroneves in a 12-lap shootout, while Fernando Alonso retired from seventh place when his engine...
    By: David Malsher Takuma Sato became the third Indy 500 winner for Andretti Autosport in four years after defeating Team Penske’s Helio Castroneves in a 12-lap shootout, while Fernando Alonso...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Dale3DaleJr88

IndyCar releases more 2018 car renderings

By: David Malsher Just four days before the 101st Indianapolis 500, IndyCar has released more renderings of the 2018 universal aerokit which will eliminate the manufacturer aerokits after just...
    By: David Malsher Just four days before the 101st Indianapolis 500, IndyCar has released more renderings of the 2018 universal aerokit which will eliminate the manufacturer aerokits after just three seasons. All Verizon IndyCar Series competitors in 2018, whether Chevrolet or Honda powered,...
    By: David Malsher Just four days before the 101st Indianapolis 500, IndyCar has released more renderings of the 2018 universal aerokit which will eliminate the manufacturer aerokits after just three seasons. All Verizon IndyCar Series...
    By: David Malsher Just four days before the 101st Indianapolis 500, IndyCar has released more renderings of the 2018 universal aerokit which will eliminate the manufacturer aerokits after just...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Dale3DaleJr88

Dixon, Franchitti robbed at gunpoint at Taco Bell

I have only been to the Indy track once and that was because it was on the way back from Chicago. I just had to see it since I am rarely up in the northern part of the country. I didn't think it...
    I have only been to the Indy track once and that was because it was on the way back from Chicago. I just had to see it since I am rarely up in the northern part of the country. I didn't think it was that bad of an area around the track but I guess I am wrong.
    I have only been to the Indy track once and that was because it was on the way back from Chicago. I just had to see it since I am rarely up in the northern part of the country. I didn't think it was that bad of an area around the track but I...
    I have only been to the Indy track once and that was because it was on the way back from Chicago. I just had to see it since I am rarely up in the northern part of the country. I didn't think it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Dale3DaleJr88

Camping World to be primary sponsor for Dixon in Indy 500

Its still weird seeing Dixon without Target. Lol
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Dale3DaleJr88

Bourdais out for the season despite successful surgery

That stinks after starting the year off with a win at St. Pete.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Dale3DaleJr88

James Davison In For Bourdais At Indianapolis 500

INDIANAPOLIS – Australian James Davison will replace the injured Sebastien Bourdais in the No. 18 GEICO Honda for Dale Coyne Racing during the 101st Indianapolis 500 Davison is familiar with the...
    INDIANAPOLIS – Australian James Davison will replace the injured Sebastien Bourdais in the No. 18 GEICO Honda for Dale Coyne Racing during the 101st Indianapolis 500 Davison is familiar with the team, having last raced for Dale Coyne Racing at the 2015 Indianapolis 500. He made two other...
    INDIANAPOLIS – Australian James Davison will replace the injured Sebastien Bourdais in the No. 18 GEICO Honda for Dale Coyne Racing during the 101st Indianapolis 500 Davison is familiar with the team, having last raced for Dale Coyne Racing at...
    INDIANAPOLIS – Australian James Davison will replace the injured Sebastien Bourdais in the No. 18 GEICO Honda for Dale Coyne Racing during the 101st Indianapolis 500 Davison is familiar with the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Dale3DaleJr88

Indy 500: Dixon takes pole at 232mph, Alonso to start fifth

By: David Malsher Scott Dixon set Indy's fastest four-lap qualifying average since Arie Luyendyk’s record pole in 1996, to claim the third IMS pole position of his career, as Fernando Alonso...
    By: David Malsher Scott Dixon set Indy's fastest four-lap qualifying average since Arie Luyendyk’s record pole in 1996, to claim the third IMS pole position of his career, as Fernando Alonso performed very strongly on his IndyCar debut to grab fifth. The 2008 Indy 500 winner Dixon three...
    By: David Malsher Scott Dixon set Indy's fastest four-lap qualifying average since Arie Luyendyk’s record pole in 1996, to claim the third IMS pole position of his career, as Fernando Alonso performed very strongly on his IndyCar debut to grab...
    By: David Malsher Scott Dixon set Indy's fastest four-lap qualifying average since Arie Luyendyk’s record pole in 1996, to claim the third IMS pole position of his career, as Fernando Alonso...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Dale3DaleJr88

Sebastien Bourdais fractures hip, pelvis in Indianapolis 500 qualifying crash

I really hate to hear that. Hopefully he gets well soon.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Dale3DaleJr88

Carlin not interested in partnership with existing IndyCar team

By: David Malsher Co-author: Filip Cleeren Trevor Carlin, Indy Lights and legendary European junior open-wheel team owner, says he’s not intending to make his entry into the Verizon IndyCar...
    By: David Malsher Co-author: Filip Cleeren Trevor Carlin, Indy Lights and legendary European junior open-wheel team owner, says he’s not intending to make his entry into the Verizon IndyCar Series a collaborative effort. Although Carlin was hoping to take over the KV Racing operation last...
    By: David Malsher Co-author: Filip Cleeren Trevor Carlin, Indy Lights and legendary European junior open-wheel team owner, says he’s not intending to make his entry into the Verizon IndyCar Series a collaborative effort. Although Carlin was...
    By: David Malsher Co-author: Filip Cleeren Trevor Carlin, Indy Lights and legendary European junior open-wheel team owner, says he’s not intending to make his entry into the Verizon IndyCar...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Dale3DaleJr88

Lazier confirmed entrant for Indy 500

By: David Malsher 1996 Indianapolis 500 winner Buddy Lazier has confirmed his entry in this year’s 101st running of the "Greatest Spectacle in Racing". The race will mark Lazier’s 20th...
    By: David Malsher 1996 Indianapolis 500 winner Buddy Lazier has confirmed his entry in this year’s 101st running of the "Greatest Spectacle in Racing". The race will mark Lazier’s 20th attempt at Indy event, and the 49-year-old Colorado native will again use Chevrolet power. As well as his...
    By: David Malsher 1996 Indianapolis 500 winner Buddy Lazier has confirmed his entry in this year’s 101st running of the "Greatest Spectacle in Racing". The race will mark Lazier’s 20th attempt at Indy event, and the 49-year-old Colorado...
    By: David Malsher 1996 Indianapolis 500 winner Buddy Lazier has confirmed his entry in this year’s 101st running of the "Greatest Spectacle in Racing". The race will mark Lazier’s 20th...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Dale3DaleJr88

Indycar Race Thread Indianapolis, IN

Kimball sucks. Sucks for Bourdais, congrats to Power. ABC ruined another race.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Dale3DaleJr88

Indy GP: Power masters IMS road course, scores 30th win

By: David Malsher Will Power led every session at the Indianapolis road course and became the fifth different winner in five races in the 2017 Verizon IndyCar Series. Front-row starters Will...
    By: David Malsher Will Power led every session at the Indianapolis road course and became the fifth different winner in five races in the 2017 Verizon IndyCar Series. Front-row starters Will Power and Helio Castroneves got relatively cleanly through Turn 1 in their Penske-Chevrolets, but...
    By: David Malsher Will Power led every session at the Indianapolis road course and became the fifth different winner in five races in the 2017 Verizon IndyCar Series. Front-row starters Will Power and Helio Castroneves got relatively cleanly...
    By: David Malsher Will Power led every session at the Indianapolis road course and became the fifth different winner in five races in the 2017 Verizon IndyCar Series. Front-row starters Will...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Dale3DaleJr88

Indy GP: Power shatters lap record to take pole

Will Power went 0.97sec underneath his own track record to take his 47th career Indy car pole position, as Team Penske-Chevrolet clocked up its fifth straight pole of 2017. The 2014 Verizon...
    Will Power went 0.97sec underneath his own track record to take his 47th career Indy car pole position, as Team Penske-Chevrolet clocked up its fifth straight pole of 2017. The 2014 Verizon IndyCar Series champion lapped the 2.439-mile course in 1min07.7044sec to set a time over 0.4sec clear...
    Will Power went 0.97sec underneath his own track record to take his 47th career Indy car pole position, as Team Penske-Chevrolet clocked up its fifth straight pole of 2017. The 2014 Verizon IndyCar Series champion lapped the 2.439-mile course...
    Will Power went 0.97sec underneath his own track record to take his 47th career Indy car pole position, as Team Penske-Chevrolet clocked up its fifth straight pole of 2017. The 2014 Verizon...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Dale3DaleJr88

Andretti & Shank Reveal Harvey’s Indy 500 Challenger

INDIANAPOLIS – Michael Shank Racing and Andretti Autosport have debuted the livery of the No. 50 car that rookie driver Jack Harvey will pilot during the 101st running of the Indianapolis...
    INDIANAPOLIS – Michael Shank Racing and Andretti Autosport have debuted the livery of the No. 50 car that rookie driver Jack Harvey will pilot during the 101st running of the Indianapolis 500. Joining Michael Shank Racing with Andretti Autosport in support of Harvey’s Indianapolis 500 entry...
    INDIANAPOLIS – Michael Shank Racing and Andretti Autosport have debuted the livery of the No. 50 car that rookie driver Jack Harvey will pilot during the 101st running of the Indianapolis 500. Joining Michael Shank Racing with Andretti...
    INDIANAPOLIS – Michael Shank Racing and Andretti Autosport have debuted the livery of the No. 50 car that rookie driver Jack Harvey will pilot during the 101st running of the Indianapolis...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Dale3DaleJr88

Kingdom Racing Returns To Dreyer & Reinbold

CARMEL, Ind. — Dreyer & Reinbold Racing and Kingdom Racing announced their agreement to continue their partnership in the 101st Indianapolis 500 on May 28 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Sage...
    CARMEL, Ind. — Dreyer & Reinbold Racing and Kingdom Racing announced their agreement to continue their partnership in the 101st Indianapolis 500 on May 28 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Sage Karam, the 22-year-old driver from Nazareth, Pa., will return to drive the No. 24 Mecum Auctions DRR...
    CARMEL, Ind. — Dreyer & Reinbold Racing and Kingdom Racing announced their agreement to continue their partnership in the 101st Indianapolis 500 on May 28 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Sage Karam, the 22-year-old driver from Nazareth, Pa.,...
    CARMEL, Ind. — Dreyer & Reinbold Racing and Kingdom Racing announced their agreement to continue their partnership in the 101st Indianapolis 500 on May 28 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Sage...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Dale3DaleJr88

St Louis Speed Festival to lead into IndyCar’s return to Gateway

By: David Malsher This year’s Bommarito Automotive Group 500 presented by Valvoline, which marks the return of IndyCar to the 1.25-mile oval for the first time since 2003, will be preceded by...
    By: David Malsher This year’s Bommarito Automotive Group 500 presented by Valvoline, which marks the return of IndyCar to the 1.25-mile oval for the first time since 2003, will be preceded by the inaugural St. Louis Speed Festival. Gateway Motorsports Park owner Curtis Francois and Schmidt...
    By: David Malsher This year’s Bommarito Automotive Group 500 presented by Valvoline, which marks the return of IndyCar to the 1.25-mile oval for the first time since 2003, will be preceded by the inaugural St. Louis Speed Festival. Gateway...
    By: David Malsher This year’s Bommarito Automotive Group 500 presented by Valvoline, which marks the return of IndyCar to the 1.25-mile oval for the first time since 2003, will be preceded by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Dale3DaleJr88

Saavedra to Run Indy 500 for Juncos

By Ashley McCubbin Sebastian Saavedra will make his return behind the wheel of a Verizon IndyCar Series car, running 101st Running of the Indianapolis 500 presented by PennGrade Motor Oil at...
    By Ashley McCubbin Sebastian Saavedra will make his return behind the wheel of a Verizon IndyCar Series car, running 101st Running of the Indianapolis 500 presented by PennGrade Motor Oil at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway for Juncos Racing. “I am pleased to announce that Sebastian Saavedra...
    By Ashley McCubbin Sebastian Saavedra will make his return behind the wheel of a Verizon IndyCar Series car, running 101st Running of the Indianapolis 500 presented by PennGrade Motor Oil at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway for Juncos...
    By Ashley McCubbin Sebastian Saavedra will make his return behind the wheel of a Verizon IndyCar Series car, running 101st Running of the Indianapolis 500 presented by PennGrade Motor Oil at...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Dale3DaleJr88

Juncos confirms Pigot for Indy 500

By: David Malsher Juncos Racing has announced that Spencer Pigot will be one of its drivers at the 101st Indianapolis 500. The 23-year-old who drives the #20 Ed Carpenter Racing-Chevrolet in...
    By: David Malsher Juncos Racing has announced that Spencer Pigot will be one of its drivers at the 101st Indianapolis 500. The 23-year-old who drives the #20 Ed Carpenter Racing-Chevrolet in road and street courses will drive the #11 Juncos Racing-Chevy with sponsorship from Oceanfront...
    By: David Malsher Juncos Racing has announced that Spencer Pigot will be one of its drivers at the 101st Indianapolis 500. The 23-year-old who drives the #20 Ed Carpenter Racing-Chevrolet in road and street courses will drive the #11 Juncos...
    By: David Malsher Juncos Racing has announced that Spencer Pigot will be one of its drivers at the 101st Indianapolis 500. The 23-year-old who drives the #20 Ed Carpenter Racing-Chevrolet in...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

•