Customizing 101

Welcome to the world of modeling and customizing. Here's your guide to get started from our most knowledgeable members! Go ahead, ask questions!

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. crazyray78

How to make a 1/24 custom start to finish

this is how i strip my cars that i use, i get an empty metal 1 gallon paint can. pour some stripper inside enough to fill the bottom of the can. then i put the car inside the can and close the...
    this is how i strip my cars that i use, i get an empty metal 1 gallon paint can. pour some stripper inside enough to fill the bottom of the can. then i put the car inside the can and close the lid. then in about like an couple of hours the car is bubbling up and the paint comes off. i may...
    this is how i strip my cars that i use, i get an empty metal 1 gallon paint can. pour some stripper inside enough to fill the bottom of the can. then i put the car inside the can and close the lid. then in about like an couple of hours the car...
    this is how i strip my cars that i use, i get an empty metal 1 gallon paint can. pour some stripper inside enough to fill the bottom of the can. then i put the car inside the can and close the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. minicup

1/64 Custom How to

Decals: Regarding decals, since we don't have a color printer, I have to go to Staples to get the templates printed. But I was actually considering getting it on a glossy paper and see if they can...
    Decals: Regarding decals, since we don't have a color printer, I have to go to Staples to get the templates printed. But I was actually considering getting it on a glossy paper and see if they can use shipping label paper to make it like a sticker. Thus, all I'll have to do is (very carefully)...
    Decals: Regarding decals, since we don't have a color printer, I have to go to Staples to get the templates printed. But I was actually considering getting it on a glossy paper and see if they can use shipping label paper to make it like a...
    Decals: Regarding decals, since we don't have a color printer, I have to go to Staples to get the templates printed. But I was actually considering getting it on a glossy paper and see if they can...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Ron3fan

Suppliers of 1/64 decals

here is a place i just used. they are decals for the new 1/64 challenger but i warn you they dont appear to fit well. no wheel well cut outs and the headlight grille and tail lights are way too...
    here is a place i just used. they are decals for the new 1/64 challenger but i warn you they dont appear to fit well. no wheel well cut outs and the headlight grille and tail lights are way too small. jury is out till i try them.
    here is a place i just used. they are decals for the new 1/64 challenger but i warn you they dont appear to fit well. no wheel well cut outs and the headlight grille and tail lights are way too small. jury is out till i try them.
    here is a place i just used. they are decals for the new 1/64 challenger but i warn you they dont appear to fit well. no wheel well cut outs and the headlight grille and tail lights are way too...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Jace

Looking for DEI E Stripe decals

Looking for different sizes, and colors please pm me asap.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Nash

What decal paper to use?

ok thanks for the info
    ok thanks for the info
    ok thanks for the info
    ok thanks for the info
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. MT-Outlaw-Fan

Can you replace number on 2001 Team Caliber Gold Car?

Just curious if you ever fixed this?
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Tex50613

Weathering 101

pretty cool info. Thanks.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Chase4TheWin

Looking to have a custom diecast made

yeah maybe if not more,
    yeah maybe if not more,
    yeah maybe if not more,
    yeah maybe if not more,
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. scr8p
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. jim43fan

COT Splitter Removal

jim43fan you can get a TINY flat head under them and slowly pry them up, I also usually trash the little support pieces and make new ones from straight pins...hope that helped.
    jim43fan you can get a TINY flat head under them and slowly pry them up, I also usually trash the little support pieces and make new ones from straight pins...hope that helped.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Hokie20

Ride Height

Looking to lower the ride height on Gen6 and COT cars. Any ideas/tips on how to do it?
    Looking to lower the ride height on Gen6 and COT cars. Any ideas/tips on how to do it?
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. windyman56

Screws for Gen 6 Hood and Trunk Hinges

While re-organizing my workspace, I foolishly lost my screws that I needed to fasten the trunk and hood in place. I know that the screws from the plastic devices that hold the car in place in the...
    While re-organizing my workspace, I foolishly lost my screws that I needed to fasten the trunk and hood in place. I know that the screws from the plastic devices that hold the car in place in the box can be used for the holes on the chassis, but the smaller, flatter ones, does anyone know where...
    While re-organizing my workspace, I foolishly lost my screws that I needed to fasten the trunk and hood in place. I know that the screws from the plastic devices that hold the car in place in the box can be used for the holes on the chassis, but...
    While re-organizing my workspace, I foolishly lost my screws that I needed to fasten the trunk and hood in place. I know that the screws from the plastic devices that hold the car in place in the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. windyman56

Disassembling a 2015 Chevy IndyCar from Greenlight

Love to help you out, so whenever you are ready.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. jim43fan

Tire Removal - Hot Wheel Crew Choice

Just for you Ken! :)
    20170306_171629.jpg 20170306_171659.jpg 20170306_171704.jpg 20170306_171739.jpg 20170306_171804.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. avaplus44

I was busy playing Doctor this weekend

I dismantled the Olympic car to reassemble it. I bought it but it came in damaged so I got a standard AT&T car to use its parts to restore the Olympics car.
    I dismantled the Olympic car to reassemble it. I bought it but it came in damaged so I got a standard AT&T car to use its parts to restore the Olympics car.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. 12RN39

Windshield Gluing Question

E6000 clear works phenominal. First adhesive I have found to lock down quickly and maybe more importantly not craze or fog the plastic. My mom used it to make jewelry, gave it a try and its all I...
    E6000 clear works phenominal. First adhesive I have found to lock down quickly and maybe more importantly not craze or fog the plastic. My mom used it to make jewelry, gave it a try and its all I use now.
    E6000 clear works phenominal. First adhesive I have found to lock down quickly and maybe more importantly not craze or fog the plastic. My mom used it to make jewelry, gave it a try and its all I use now.
    E6000 clear works phenominal. First adhesive I have found to lock down quickly and maybe more importantly not craze or fog the plastic. My mom used it to make jewelry, gave it a try and its all I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. spitzredcliffs

Custom 2014 Josh wise Texas Motor Speedway diecast car

that would be a fun project to do, if i were able to find the decals for it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Ron3fan

ok you customizers........

I'll just make them...way easier than dicking with some hack job.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. dewaltrace17

Logo help please

looks like an ohio map...I know he's one of 'those' guys...may be a reference to the worst state ever?
    looks like an ohio map...I know he's one of 'those' guys...may be a reference to the worst state ever?
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. comm2679

Jeff Gordon Transformers and Farmville Wraps from Pattos

here is the finished car that i had done. i still have one more to do
    Jeff Gordon Transformers.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. BradKeselowskifan4ever

{$title} Brad Keselowski #2009 Miccouskee Talladega Win

Thank you. Those are the ones i saw on ebay. There is another car that barely shows any dust.. Thats why i asked for better pics Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk
    Thank you. Those are the ones i saw on ebay. There is another car that barely shows any dust.. Thats why i asked for better pics Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Oldtimer

Experienced Decaler Needed

Some of you may be familiar with the custom 1/18 scale models I have had created for me. And, as many of you may know, the individual who produced them left us within the past couple of years. I...
    Some of you may be familiar with the custom 1/18 scale models I have had created for me. And, as many of you may know, the individual who produced them left us within the past couple of years. I am in need of someone, preferably in the continental US, who is an experienced customizer/decaler. ...
    Some of you may be familiar with the custom 1/18 scale models I have had created for me. And, as many of you may know, the individual who produced them left us within the past couple of years. I am in need of someone, preferably in the...
    Some of you may be familiar with the custom 1/18 scale models I have had created for me. And, as many of you may know, the individual who produced them left us within the past couple of years. I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. DaleG72
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

•