Customizing 101

Welcome to the world of modeling and customizing. Here's your guide to get started from our most knowledgeable members! Go ahead, ask questions!

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. crazyray78

How to make a 1/24 custom start to finish

this is how i strip my cars that i use, i get an empty metal 1 gallon paint can. pour some stripper inside enough to fill the bottom of the can. then i put the car inside the can and close the...
    this is how i strip my cars that i use, i get an empty metal 1 gallon paint can. pour some stripper inside enough to fill the bottom of the can. then i put the car inside the can and close the lid. then in about like an couple of hours the car is bubbling up and the paint comes off. i may...
    this is how i strip my cars that i use, i get an empty metal 1 gallon paint can. pour some stripper inside enough to fill the bottom of the can. then i put the car inside the can and close the lid. then in about like an couple of hours the car...
    this is how i strip my cars that i use, i get an empty metal 1 gallon paint can. pour some stripper inside enough to fill the bottom of the can. then i put the car inside the can and close the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. minicup

1/64 Custom How to

Decals: Regarding decals, since we don't have a color printer, I have to go to Staples to get the templates printed. But I was actually considering getting it on a glossy paper and see if they can...
    Decals: Regarding decals, since we don't have a color printer, I have to go to Staples to get the templates printed. But I was actually considering getting it on a glossy paper and see if they can use shipping label paper to make it like a sticker. Thus, all I'll have to do is (very carefully)...
    Decals: Regarding decals, since we don't have a color printer, I have to go to Staples to get the templates printed. But I was actually considering getting it on a glossy paper and see if they can use shipping label paper to make it like a...
    Decals: Regarding decals, since we don't have a color printer, I have to go to Staples to get the templates printed. But I was actually considering getting it on a glossy paper and see if they can...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Ron3fan

Suppliers of 1/64 decals

here is a place i just used. they are decals for the new 1/64 challenger but i warn you they dont appear to fit well. no wheel well cut outs and the headlight grille and tail lights are way too...
    here is a place i just used. they are decals for the new 1/64 challenger but i warn you they dont appear to fit well. no wheel well cut outs and the headlight grille and tail lights are way too small. jury is out till i try them.
    here is a place i just used. they are decals for the new 1/64 challenger but i warn you they dont appear to fit well. no wheel well cut outs and the headlight grille and tail lights are way too small. jury is out till i try them.
    here is a place i just used. they are decals for the new 1/64 challenger but i warn you they dont appear to fit well. no wheel well cut outs and the headlight grille and tail lights are way too...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Ron3fan

ok you customizers........

I'll just make them...way easier than dicking with some hack job.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. MT-Outlaw-Fan

Can you replace number on 2001 Team Caliber Gold Car?

No unfortunately it doesn't take out scratches, it merely cleans the surface of any remaining residue. The diecast is plated, so I imagine some buffing compound would work. If you are just doing...
    No unfortunately it doesn't take out scratches, it merely cleans the surface of any remaining residue. The diecast is plated, so I imagine some buffing compound would work. If you are just doing the roof, I would consider taping it off to work on it. Good luck. Sent from my SM-G935T using...
    No unfortunately it doesn't take out scratches, it merely cleans the surface of any remaining residue. The diecast is plated, so I imagine some buffing compound would work. If you are just doing the roof, I would consider taping it off to work...
    No unfortunately it doesn't take out scratches, it merely cleans the surface of any remaining residue. The diecast is plated, so I imagine some buffing compound would work. If you are just doing...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. dewaltrace17

Logo help please

looks like an ohio map...I know he's one of 'those' guys...may be a reference to the worst state ever?
    looks like an ohio map...I know he's one of 'those' guys...may be a reference to the worst state ever?
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. windyman56

Disassembling a 2015 Chevy IndyCar from Greenlight

Do you have pictures? Are the body pieced held together by mushroomed pins versus screws, such that there are two pieces of diecast, its just hard to separate them? It might be possible to take...
    Do you have pictures? Are the body pieced held together by mushroomed pins versus screws, such that there are two pieces of diecast, its just hard to separate them? It might be possible to take the body apart using a Dremel tool and a drill bit or grinding bit.
    Do you have pictures? Are the body pieced held together by mushroomed pins versus screws, such that there are two pieces of diecast, its just hard to separate them? It might be possible to take the body apart using a Dremel tool and a drill bit...
    Do you have pictures? Are the body pieced held together by mushroomed pins versus screws, such that there are two pieces of diecast, its just hard to separate them? It might be possible to take...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. comm2679

Jeff Gordon Transformers and Farmville Wraps from Pattos

here is the finished car that i had done. i still have one more to do
    Jeff Gordon Transformers.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. BradKeselowskifan4ever

{$title} Brad Keselowski #2009 Miccouskee Talladega Win

Thank you. Those are the ones i saw on ebay. There is another car that barely shows any dust.. Thats why i asked for better pics Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk
    Thank you. Those are the ones i saw on ebay. There is another car that barely shows any dust.. Thats why i asked for better pics Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Oldtimer

Experienced Decaler Needed

Some of you may be familiar with the custom 1/18 scale models I have had created for me. And, as many of you may know, the individual who produced them left us within the past couple of years. I...
    Some of you may be familiar with the custom 1/18 scale models I have had created for me. And, as many of you may know, the individual who produced them left us within the past couple of years. I am in need of someone, preferably in the continental US, who is an experienced customizer/decaler. ...
    Some of you may be familiar with the custom 1/18 scale models I have had created for me. And, as many of you may know, the individual who produced them left us within the past couple of years. I am in need of someone, preferably in the...
    Some of you may be familiar with the custom 1/18 scale models I have had created for me. And, as many of you may know, the individual who produced them left us within the past couple of years. I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. DaleG72
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. kidracer24

IndyCar 2016 Decals?

Does anyone here have decals for any cars for the 2016 season this year. Is there anyone on here who has done some work with IndyCar bodies? Specifically looking for 1/64 decals that will fit onto...
    Does anyone here have decals for any cars for the 2016 season this year. Is there anyone on here who has done some work with IndyCar bodies? Specifically looking for 1/64 decals that will fit onto the Greenlight Diecasts.
    Does anyone here have decals for any cars for the 2016 season this year. Is there anyone on here who has done some work with IndyCar bodies? Specifically looking for 1/64 decals that will fit onto the Greenlight Diecasts.
    Does anyone here have decals for any cars for the 2016 season this year. Is there anyone on here who has done some work with IndyCar bodies? Specifically looking for 1/64 decals that will fit onto...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. thefieldguys06

Paint help?

PPG Automotive prep and finishes ran through a booth gun yield the best results.
    PPG Automotive prep and finishes ran through a booth gun yield the best results.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. dewaltrace17

Logo help for Kyle Busch NOS car

Hey thanks buddy, the other car was from Texas.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. FFighter_21

{$title} Dirt Late Model Mud Plugs

I'm not the guy, but I ordered a set of wheel caps from dirtmodeler.com as well. Excellent service, great guy, but now I want to build a dirt late model from scratch :)
    I'm not the guy, but I ordered a set of wheel caps from dirtmodeler.com as well. Excellent service, great guy, but now I want to build a dirt late model from scratch :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. melloyello20

Decals

I didn't know that ty Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. michsteelguy

WANTED......2013 Chevy 1/24 windshield

Thanks.... I'll keep it in mind, but just looking for anyone with a spare windshield first.
    Thanks.... I'll keep it in mind, but just looking for anyone with a spare windshield first.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. 18mac1954

{$title} Looking for part

got my windshield
    got my windshield
    got my windshield
    got my windshield
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. the solitaire

Moral question

I have this 1:16 Milestone Development piece, and I do like the original paintjob, but... wouldn't it be just awesome to have a paintjob on there from the driver I cheer for and one that I...
    I have this 1:16 Milestone Development piece, and I do like the original paintjob, but... wouldn't it be just awesome to have a paintjob on there from the driver I cheer for and one that I really love, not just like? Chances are, the decal sheet turns out crappy because 1:16 is a lot bigger...
    I have this 1:16 Milestone Development piece, and I do like the original paintjob, but... wouldn't it be just awesome to have a paintjob on there from the driver I cheer for and one that I really love, not just like? Chances are, the decal...
    I have this 1:16 Milestone Development piece, and I do like the original paintjob, but... wouldn't it be just awesome to have a paintjob on there from the driver I cheer for and one that I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. robbeewing2

Anyone else had this problem with Patto's?

I had this issue with a 1:18 Ty Dillon car I wanted to do. Ever since I expect the worst and hope for the best when ordering edcals and I'm willing to order from other sources if they exist in...
    I had this issue with a 1:18 Ty Dillon car I wanted to do. Ever since I expect the worst and hope for the best when ordering edcals and I'm willing to order from other sources if they exist in case the first batch I got did not fulfill my expectations. I even considered doing the design myself...
    I had this issue with a 1:18 Ty Dillon car I wanted to do. Ever since I expect the worst and hope for the best when ordering edcals and I'm willing to order from other sources if they exist in case the first batch I got did not fulfill my...
    I had this issue with a 1:18 Ty Dillon car I wanted to do. Ever since I expect the worst and hope for the best when ordering edcals and I'm willing to order from other sources if they exist in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. BadDad5

Whats Your Take?

Maybe I'm a bit late on this, but as a photographer I deal with intellectual property on a daily basis. If something is "on the net" it is not automatically "public property" because the net is a...
    Maybe I'm a bit late on this, but as a photographer I deal with intellectual property on a daily basis. If something is "on the net" it is not automatically "public property" because the net is a "public domain" I used a lot of "what if's" here because there are laws. Many of them are not...
    Maybe I'm a bit late on this, but as a photographer I deal with intellectual property on a daily basis. If something is "on the net" it is not automatically "public property" because the net is a "public domain" I used a lot of "what if's" here...
    Maybe I'm a bit late on this, but as a photographer I deal with intellectual property on a daily basis. If something is "on the net" it is not automatically "public property" because the net is a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. robbeewing2

Looking for custom decals!

Yes I do have the materials to do customs. My first one is going to be Larson's 2012 K&N Pro Series East Championship car. I will make a separate thread when I start to get some feedback and...
    Yes I do have the materials to do customs. My first one is going to be Larson's 2012 K&N Pro Series East Championship car. I will make a separate thread when I start to get some feedback and document progress. I have looked on patto's website and did not find the Arca car and xfinity car I am...
    Yes I do have the materials to do customs. My first one is going to be Larson's 2012 K&N Pro Series East Championship car. I will make a separate thread when I start to get some feedback and document progress. I have looked on patto's website and...
    Yes I do have the materials to do customs. My first one is going to be Larson's 2012 K&N Pro Series East Championship car. I will make a separate thread when I start to get some feedback and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Levi Heller

ISO Someone willing to do a Dale Jr. Custom for a fee :)

Would be willing to pay for the donor car and decals and labor for a custom Cellular One #87 Dale Jr. Busch Series car. Not completely sure how or where to start. So any help with what type of...
    Would be willing to pay for the donor car and decals and labor for a custom Cellular One #87 Dale Jr. Busch Series car. Not completely sure how or where to start. So any help with what type of donor car to buy and who could do it or even what the total cost is would be great.
    Would be willing to pay for the donor car and decals and labor for a custom Cellular One #87 Dale Jr. Busch Series car. Not completely sure how or where to start. So any help with what type of donor car to buy and who could do it or even what the...
    Would be willing to pay for the donor car and decals and labor for a custom Cellular One #87 Dale Jr. Busch Series car. Not completely sure how or where to start. So any help with what type of...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

•