Card Collecting 101

Welcome to the world of card collecting. Here's your guide to get started from our most knowledgeable members! Go ahead, ask questions!

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. mdclapps

Card Collecting Q&A

No. I've found 8 red and two purple to date with 8 blasters and 2-2 pack displays. I'm missing #20 Matt Kenseth from having a full regular set.
    No. I've found 8 red and two purple to date with 8 blasters and 2-2 pack displays. I'm missing #20 Matt Kenseth from having a full regular set.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. DodgerBlue

Collectors Hall of Fame - GREAT PULLS !!! - UPDATED 10/7/07

that is awesome!!!
    that is awesome!!!
    that is awesome!!!
    that is awesome!!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Geebi
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. racersimage
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. VietnamVet67
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. iowariggsfan

Can anyone suggest a computer program to track your Card collection?

Sorry I'm just seeing this now. You have an account at Sports Card Forum already right? Use their inventory manager, click the link in my signature to see it
    Sorry I'm just seeing this now. You have an account at Sports Card Forum already right? Use their inventory manager, click the link in my signature to see it
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. old stuff

A little info on the old stuff.

First MAXX
    First MAXX
    First MAXX
    First MAXX
    price guide maxx001.jpg price guide maxx002.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Brian22

2015 Press Pass Wanted Burning Rubber

I just pulled a logano Bristol win card the other day. First tire card I pulled of my favorite driver. Good luck in your search
    I just pulled a logano Bristol win card the other day. First tire card I pulled of my favorite driver. Good luck in your search
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. one4smoke

1997 Press Pass Question...

Looks like the gold foil are the base cards. The silver foil are known as 'Laser', which I believe are one per pack.
    Looks like the gold foil are the base cards. The silver foil are known as 'Laser', which I believe are one per pack.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Tsmoke14fan

Tony Stewart

a few commons from newer sets and inserts. autos and race used stuff mostly.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Mikarlo

Cards for trade

I just finished my site the other day that lists all my traders and needs. If anyone on here is interested in trading cards, please take a look to see if I have anything that interests you. I'm...
    I just finished my site the other day that lists all my traders and needs. If anyone on here is interested in trading cards, please take a look to see if I have anything that interests you. I'm sure we can work something out! Be Well, Jason
    I just finished my site the other day that lists all my traders and needs. If anyone on here is interested in trading cards, please take a look to see if I have anything that interests you. I'm sure we can work something out! Be Well, Jason
    I just finished my site the other day that lists all my traders and needs. If anyone on here is interested in trading cards, please take a look to see if I have anything that interests you. I'm...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. jrracer

earnhardt

i have a action pack 1993 gold w/brail on back whats it worth
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. nascar

Pack Searching

Hoping that I'm not breaking a rule, but this seems to be the most recent thread. Pack searching has resulted in cards being put into a glass case at the local store I go to. Now you have to have...
    Hoping that I'm not breaking a rule, but this seems to be the most recent thread. Pack searching has resulted in cards being put into a glass case at the local store I go to. Now you have to have the case opened by an employee and they carry the packs to the counter for you. Wasn't like that...
    Hoping that I'm not breaking a rule, but this seems to be the most recent thread. Pack searching has resulted in cards being put into a glass case at the local store I go to. Now you have to have the case opened by an employee and they carry the...
    Hoping that I'm not breaking a rule, but this seems to be the most recent thread. Pack searching has resulted in cards being put into a glass case at the local store I go to. Now you have to have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. willmcd13

Bought my first pack

Yeah, card companies started inserting a piece of cardboard in the pack to deter people for picking out the hot packs. Trust me, it didn't work.
    Yeah, card companies started inserting a piece of cardboard in the pack to deter people for picking out the hot packs. Trust me, it didn't work.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. ARosser14

Getting Started - Confused as all get out - Lots of questions

Sorry about this - Tommy's mention didn't work right and I never saw this. I believe this is Press Pass's 20th year in business, but not sure what year they started with NASCAR. Now to answer...
    Sorry about this - Tommy's mention didn't work right and I never saw this. I believe this is Press Pass's 20th year in business, but not sure what year they started with NASCAR. Now to answer your questions. 1) Some of their release names: Ignite, Redline, FanFare, Total Memorabilia, Legends,...
    Sorry about this - Tommy's mention didn't work right and I never saw this. I believe this is Press Pass's 20th year in business, but not sure what year they started with NASCAR. Now to answer your questions. 1) Some of their release names:...
    Sorry about this - Tommy's mention didn't work right and I never saw this. I believe this is Press Pass's 20th year in business, but not sure what year they started with NASCAR. Now to answer...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. teopro20

Starter Cards

Thanks for the shoutout, Aaron! Yes, if your looking for cards for TTM, look at the link under this post. I have listed every card in my trading stock. And PS...if your looking for TTM, I suggest...
    Thanks for the shoutout, Aaron! Yes, if your looking for cards for TTM, look at the link under this post. I have listed every card in my trading stock. And PS...if your looking for TTM, I suggest going with 2010 & 2011 Element. It's on flat stock that captures a signature very well.
    Thanks for the shoutout, Aaron! Yes, if your looking for cards for TTM, look at the link under this post. I have listed every card in my trading stock. And PS...if your looking for TTM, I suggest going with 2010 & 2011 Element. It's on flat...
    Thanks for the shoutout, Aaron! Yes, if your looking for cards for TTM, look at the link under this post. I have listed every card in my trading stock. And PS...if your looking for TTM, I suggest...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. j20e g18bs rac11ng

new to card collecting

Sign up at SportsCardForum.com and use their Inventory Manager, they have all the cards listed there along with parallels. It's the same as Beckett (no price guide), but it's free! I have these...
    Sign up at SportsCardForum.com and use their Inventory Manager, they have all the cards listed there along with parallels. It's the same as Beckett (no price guide), but it's free! I have these Burning Rubber's available, and I think I have an extra Keselowski.
    Sign up at SportsCardForum.com and use their Inventory Manager, they have all the cards listed there along with parallels. It's the same as Beckett (no price guide), but it's free! I have these Burning Rubber's available, and I think I have an...
    Sign up at SportsCardForum.com and use their Inventory Manager, they have all the cards listed there along with parallels. It's the same as Beckett (no price guide), but it's free! I have these...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. mdclapps

FS: Small Flat Rate box full of toploaders

These are SOLD
    These are SOLD
    These are SOLD
    These are SOLD
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Deevs09

Site to Price your cards

All that site does is check eBay. In Racing, price guides really aren't that important. Usually comes down to what a seller will take and what a buyer will pay.
    All that site does is check eBay. In Racing, price guides really aren't that important. Usually comes down to what a seller will take and what a buyer will pay.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Brandon Miller

Matt Kenseth White EcoBoost

UGH!!! Your killing me Brandon!!:wink:
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. nascar

Card Values?

I personally think Beckett is awful. Mainly because way too many people use Beckett's highest price and think that's what they should be getting for the card when in reality, most hardcore...
    I personally think Beckett is awful. Mainly because way too many people use Beckett's highest price and think that's what they should be getting for the card when in reality, most hardcore collectors don't go by book value.
    I personally think Beckett is awful. Mainly because way too many people use Beckett's highest price and think that's what they should be getting for the card when in reality, most hardcore collectors don't go by book value.
    I personally think Beckett is awful. Mainly because way too many people use Beckett's highest price and think that's what they should be getting for the card when in reality, most hardcore...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. racingchamps91

what to do with these hockey cards

might be interested in Canuck cards but I got a lot already so if you can pm the names of Canuck players you have I would appreciate that. that is names of differiant players only not multiple...
    might be interested in Canuck cards but I got a lot already so if you can pm the names of Canuck players you have I would appreciate that. that is names of differiant players only not multiple cards of diffriant Manufactors of the same player hope that makes sense? I appologize for the work it...
    might be interested in Canuck cards but I got a lot already so if you can pm the names of Canuck players you have I would appreciate that. that is names of differiant players only not multiple cards of diffriant Manufactors of the same player...
    might be interested in Canuck cards but I got a lot already so if you can pm the names of Canuck players you have I would appreciate that. that is names of differiant players only not multiple...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Canadiancatgreen

have questions about Beckett

ok so there is a local sports card store that uses Beckett I got a bunch of Canuck cards thorugh sending him a list. he is on Beckett and suggested it to me but asking a few Beckett sellers some...
    ok so there is a local sports card store that uses Beckett I got a bunch of Canuck cards thorugh sending him a list. he is on Beckett and suggested it to me but asking a few Beckett sellers some questions got no results so becoming rather annoyed with this I have come here I really hope you do...
    ok so there is a local sports card store that uses Beckett I got a bunch of Canuck cards thorugh sending him a list. he is on Beckett and suggested it to me but asking a few Beckett sellers some questions got no results so becoming rather...
    ok so there is a local sports card store that uses Beckett I got a bunch of Canuck cards thorugh sending him a list. he is on Beckett and suggested it to me but asking a few Beckett sellers some...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. cheer4oldnd

Trading Cards Display Help

Very nice looking display Cheer. I had these custom made.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

•